The 1099-MISC Course(CPE credits available)
Home / Finance and Accounting / Seminars and Workshops
Form 1099 MISC Reporting can be confusing … Failing to meet all the 1099 filing requirements can be costly.
Our online and onsite Form 1099 MISC Training improves 1099 reporting skills and helps keep your business audit-ready and in compliance. Participants develop the skills to walk through the new 1099 reporting requirements with ease. They learn how to comply with Form 1099 Regulations (federal and state), determine Independent Contractor Status, who gets a Form 1099 and who gets a W-2 Form. Plus, participants learn "Best Practices" used to streamline 1099 filing.
Our online and Instructor-led 1099 courses teach participants how to classify workers who have Independent Contractor Status and correctly report their income and backup withholding in the appropriate boxes on the IRS Form 1099-MISC.
On-Site Instructor-Led Form 1099 MISC Training
(CPE credit is for onsite instructor-led courses)
With a maze of 1099 forms and confusing, ever-changing IRS reporting guidelines, mastering the 1099 can be a daunting task for any business. Our Form 1099 MISC Training improves 1099 reporting skills and helps keep your business audit-ready and in compliance.
1099 MISC Onsite Training Course (we come to your location at a date and time of your choosing): The onsite course is a half day. A workbook is provided for the participants. The workshop starts off discussing Form W-9 and Backup Withholding. The program will discuss CP2100 and CP2100A Notices, B-Notices and what is considered missing or incorrect taxpayer identification numbers (TIN). In the workshop, we will discuss P-cards and the common problems you have to watch out for and the 1099 MISC emerging compliance issues with Federal and State 1099 reporting.
Then we will discuss each box on the 1099 MISC form, what is reportable and the exceptions. At the end of the training we go over the rules of correcting returns, filing the 1099 MISC and special issues that relate to 1099 MISC vendors (garnishments, new hire reporting, etc.)
1099 MISC Online Training Course: With this course you will have the tools necessary to determine which vendors should be flagged for 1099 MISC reporting (even if they are incorporated). It serves as a complete guide to the 1099 MISC reporting requirements for each and every box on the 1099 MISC form. This course details the information you are required to collect from your vendors. In addition, you will learn how to protect your company and avoid penalties when vendors do not provide the required information.
Who Should Attend
Accounts payable personnel, accountants, CFOs, controllers, purchasing agents, tax managers, as well as managers and supervisors with authority to purchase on behalf of the company.
By the end of this training the participant will be able to...
- Recognize how to keep your company in compliance with the Form 1099 tax regulations
- Know when to issue a 1099 form
- Evaluate and streamline the required information each company must have on file
- Answer worker classification questions
- Avoid worker misclassification
- Acquire the knowledge to avoid end of the year panic
- How and when to complete each 1099 Form box
- Avoid late filing and failure to file penalties
- Recognize how to remain “audit ready”
Overview of Program Content:
- Determine who must receive a Form 1099-MISC
- Determine what information you are required to obtain
- Detect which vendors are required to comply with information requests
- Identify the steps you must take when you receive a "B" notice
- Determine what the latest changes are to the backup withholding rules
- Identify when and where expense reimbursements must be included on the 1099
- Determine what the new-hire reporting requirements are for Form 1099 and which states require them
- Recognize services that require 1099 reporting
- Identify the most recent rules on how you must report payments to attorneys and health care services
- Determine when a corporation is included in your reporting requirements
- Stay “audit ready”
For More information call Toll Free 1-877-385-5515
Alliance Training and Consulting, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. (Registry ID: 108212 ; Approved Delivery Method: Group Live) State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.